You agree to be bound and abide by the terms and conditions detailed below. These are brought to your attention at the point of registration for bidding at each sale. You are advised to read them carefully and only register if you agree with them.
Vendors Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Commission is charged at the rate of 19% + VAT on the hammer price of each lot plus £1.50 per lot entry fee + VAT.
2. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available.
3. All descriptions, reserves and estimates are at the Auctioneers discretion.
4. Payments to vendors will be released a week on Tuesday after the sale (this is the 8th day following the sale). This enables all the payments for goods sold to be paid in and any working order items to be checked prior to payment. Postal and electronic payments can be made on request.
6. Items not in compliance with current Legislation or deemed unsalable or counterfeit will not be accepted.
7. The auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf.
8. Each vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
9. Mains gas appliances are not sold by the Auctioneers.
10. Storage charges of £1 per day per item + VAT will be applied when unsold goods are not collected by 2.00 pm Thursday following the sale.
11. All unsold items not collected within 14 days after the sale will be disposed of at a charge of £10 + VAT and will become the property of Halfway Auctions Ltd.
Buyers Terms & Conditions of Purchase
1. The Purchaser to be the highest bidder who will pay the hammer price plus a premium of 19% + VAT. We remind you that if you are a consumer, you have no right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Directive (Directive 97/7/EC). The implied terms of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 section 2(5) states that if goods are second hand and sold at a public auction where individuals have the opportunity to attend the sale in person the cancellation rights do not apply. As set out in the Consumer Contracts (information, cancellation and additional charges) regulations 2013 28(1)(g).
2. All items are SOLD AS SEEN, descriptions and pictures are simply a guide. If buying on line and not available to view the items you can telephone or email to find out further information on an item.
3. Each purchaser shall register with the Auctioneers giving their Name, Address and Telephone number.
4. All purchases must be paid for, in full, and no lots may be removed until such payments have cleared.
5. Payments are accepted face to face in Cash, Credit Card and Debit Card. And by bank transfer. Payments are not accepted over the telephone.
6. The Auctioneers act as agents for the Vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on Lots offered subject to reserve.
7. Commission bids are accepted by the Auctioneers who undertake to purchase the lots on the bidders behalf at the best advantage. Lots purchased by absent buyers will be consigned at the Auctioneers earliest convenience at packing and postage charges to be agreed.
8. All electrical appliances are not tested by the auction house and we cannot guarantee them to be in working order.
9. If items are not collected and paid for within 7 days following the sale buyers may face being banned from the auction.
10. In the case of a dispute the Lot may be re-offered at the discretion of the Auctioneer who shall be the sole arbitrator.
11. If payment is not received within 3 days of purchase the commission is automatically increased from 23% (inclusive of VAT) to 28% (inclusive of VAT).
12. If payment is not received within 5 days of the auction the buyer is banned from purchasing anything further at Halfway Auctions.
13. If goods are not collected from the auction house within the Terms and Conditions stipulated, storage charges of £1 per day per item + VAT will be applied for goods uncollected.
14. After 14 days if the goods purchased are not collected they become the property of Halfway Auctions Ltd.
OUR STORAGE POLICY
All items purchased or sold at auction must be removed from the auction house between 1pm- 5pm on a Tuesday and Wednesday.
For customers with larger items, arrangements can be made for collection of goods on a Tuesday morning.
Storage charges are charged at £1 per day per item + VAT commencing Thursday.
Storage charges are charged on auction working days only, these are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
After 14 days, if items remain uncollected they will become the property of Halfway Auctions ltd. If Halfway Auctions Ltd. has to dispose of any unsold items an applicable disposal fee will apply.
Halfway Auctions Ltd will then issue an invoice to the customer for the storage charges which must be paid within 7 days to avoid legal proceedings.
If you use our House Clearance or Collection service, the above storage policy does not apply.
USE AND STORAGE OF CUSTOMER DATA
The information captured about our customers is name, address and contact details including email. This information is stored on an electronic back office system which is run by Easyliveauction.
Halfway Auctions Ltd. and Easyliveauction do not share any of our customer personal information with any third parties and simply use it to process receipts of purchasing and selling history.
Printed receipts of customer transactions are securely stored by Halfway Auctions Ltd. for 7 years during this time HMRC have the right to view any of this paper work for VAT purposes.
All customers have the right to request the removal of their data from our system. If any customers have any queries or concerns about the use and storage of their data please contact Halfway Auctions on 01274 592001.
OUR SHIPPING POLICY
We offer a postage and packing service on small items. Please contact the auction house for further details either by email or telephone 01274 592001 or 07506427088. We offer a LOCAL delivery service within the West Yorkshire region only. Contact the auction house for a quotation.
For shipping of large goods please arrange your own courier or collection of the items yourself, all items need to be paid for and removed from the auction by 5pm on the Wednesday after the sale.
Storage charges of £1 per day per item + VAT can be incurred if arrangements are not made.
We cannot ship weapons or guns as they are not legally allowed to be sent. These items are collection only when purchased.
We can deliver locally but do not ship breakables such as mirrors and ceramics.
Items cannot be shipped outside of the UK and Ireland.